Rules and Security Information
• Security screening will be required at all entry points for all events.
• Storage areas will not be provided.
• Events will be recorded by the organiser - Attendees may be photographed or recorded during the program.
• No outside food or beverage will be allowed.
• Expect traffic and parking delays. Please arrive 2 hours early. Doors will open two hours prior to each event.
All guests must present the following items at the security check-point:
• A driver’s license or other government-issued photo identification
• Your printed ticket(s). No electronic tickets will be accepted.
The following items will not be allowed into the venues
• Aerosol sprays, mace or pepper spray
• Ammunition (either real or simulated), firearms or weapons of any kind, pocket or hand tools (such as a Leatherman)
• Animals (other than guide/service dogs)
• Backpacks, bags larger than 9” x 11”, large purses, packages or suitcases
• Bottles/cans, coolers, thermal or glass containers
• Food or beverages
• Gifts for the Dalai Lama, including flowers
• Posters, signs and placards (including support structures)
• Recording devices of any kind
• Any other items at the discretion of the security screeners that may pose a potential safety hazard.
Cell phones are permitted, but must be turned off during the program. Attendees are not allowed to record the Dalai Lama's remarks on May 19 or 20, and may be escorted from the Arena if not in compliance with posted security guidelines.
One clear plastic bottle of water per guest is permitted. Please help our recycling efforts.
Food and Drink
There will be a number of fast food outlets on the main concourse, serving hot and cold drinks and mainly vegetarian snacks and meals. No alcohol will be on sale in the Arena during the two days. In the immediate vicinity of the Arena, there is a good choice of restaurants and cafes. Louisville is famed for having some fabulous restaurants
There will be a number of stalls situated on the Concourse, with information about Tibet related organisations and selling Tibetan artifacts, books and gifts. There also will be information about Buddhist groups and organisations nationwide
This will be open before and after session
DGI will be producing DVDs of all the events at The Yum Center. These can be ordered on the day at their DVD stand situated on the Concourse.
Address: DGI - DVD's 411 Hubbards Lane Louisville, KY 40207
Wheelchair Accessible Seating
There is seating on the arena floor that is easily accessible to individuals in wheelchairs or motorized scooters. Please note that attendants of people in wheelchairs must have their own tickets.
Vision and Hearing Impaired Guest Accommodations
The arena will contain 2 jumbo-tron screens to enable guests with low vision to see His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama from their seats. There is a block of seating dedicated to our hearing-impaired guests, where a sign interpreter will assist with your enjoyment of the presentation. Please be sure to mention your special needs when booking your ticket.